Just an Opinion



I had been observing the comments and reactions of various people on Facebook and while many were friends others were those I didn’t know. However when 2 very educated successful people who can be called opinion makers and who’s opinions are likely to give directions to many a youngster shared some stuff I felt that I had to respond. My responses are as below. What they said, is not relevant to be shared here since that would mean dragging them into my opinion, but anyone who reads this will get the message that I am trying to convey.


I love reading all those long detailed posts that many intellectuals post and others share them and other intellectuals then hail and share. I have just one point. I am yet to see a single post by anybody where they talk positive, talk optimistic, talk progress, talk dreams, talk future, talk plans.......the ONLY thing they do very very well is spew hatred, spew vitriol, share pessimism of the highest order, make you believe that life is not worth living especially in India.....

It does not matter who the target is, the underlying message is still the same - hate, negativity, pessimism.......and it is these same people inspite of the same systems have progressed, made money, drive fancy cars, own vintage artefacts, travel round the world........but make us believe that life sucks and depressing in India.......

Sure India has many challenges and these are growing pains in any society, there will be movements and opposition to change things.....if I compare my present life to my own life 20 years back I see so much change and the number of times and places that I used to bribe has drastically reduced......So I continue to be optimistic about India and its future.   

And I am also sure of one thing - the very same people who gleefully share the hate/vitriol/negativity of those intellectuals will NOT share this nor like this........  And I was proved RIGHT. I had specific people in mind and NONE of them shared/liked this note....but then each to his own BUT.....

I shall live with optimism, positive attitude and face the challenges in India and work to make a difference but I REFUSE to be dragged down by the doomsday pessimists on here who seem to be rather popular.........


I would like to also tell the various intellectual doomsday prophets who LOVE sharing the hate they encountered the following.

World over there are people of all hues but it depends upon which side of the coin you want to see. I have been called a paki called names but have never bothered. I didnt come rushing to FB to share the incident and make a martyr out of myself or score a political point. Those to me are immature and irrelevent except to the extent of sharing an  incident. For those intellectual pessimists let me give you a quick history lesson......

The MUGHALS ruled India from 1526 to 1784 and abdicated power in 1858. That is (for those of you intellectuals who have forgotten arithmetic) 258 years of MUSLIM rule and another 74 years of end game period. So a total MUSLIM influence of 332 years as rulers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The British ruled India from 1858 to 1947 and that is 89 years of CHRISTIAN rule.  However in reality they had a presence even before this period.

The Romans, Europeans and sundry others also ruled and controlled parts of India for longish periods and these were CHRISTIANS, JEWS.

So with more than 420 years of Muslim/Christian rule till as recently as 1947 India did not become an Islamic country or a Christian country nor did Hinduism get affected.

Europe with diverse cultures, languages split up faster than atoms and is a conglomeration of different countries even though Christianity is a common thread amongst them.

India with its far more diverse culture, language, custom, food, attitude, dress & what have you has neither split up nor faced any sort of freedom movements. Anybody who has even a modicum of observation of religious practices will see many commonalities between Hindu/Muslim/Christian practices. These all have weaved themselves into a lovely carpet mosaic that is called India.

So when you talk of something some stupid guys said and make it sound as if due to them our India will turn into some religious state you are either stupid or paranoid or both.

Hinduism to me is a way of life and not a religion and that is why inspite of centuries of different rulers the basic ethos of India has NOT changed and will not change.

So please stop fantasising that a Modi or a VHP or for that matter the Mullahs or Missionaries or someone else can change India - that is simply impossible. THEY will have to change but the country wont. So please stop giving importance to them the way many do and if it is attention that you seek on FB there are more exciting ways to do so than this intellectual masturbation which has no substance.

Stay positive, stay focussed ignore the pimples on your bottom which is what all left/right wing religious fundamentalists are. They soon get crushed by the weight of your bottom.



Comments

Popular Posts