Back here after 5 years


True to my nature I jumped on the blog bandwagon way back in 2008 but somehow did not keep plugging in. Now 5 years later thanks to a dear friend Shankarnarayanan I was once again nudged into coming back here. So before I once again start writing, I felt a short introduction about myself is in order. So here it is. 

An Engineer and an MBA, seasoned professional with about 30 years work experience. I am someone who likes to stay abreast of developments in various fields especially in what I call personal technology like mobiles, computers, internet, etc where tools & doors like Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Linkedin, other resources etc give you a window to the world. It helps me stay connected with a changing world and hopefully mentally agile and active.

As an educated Indian while I have many interests, politics and current affairs, understanding global economics, strategic management are subjects that I especially connect with. In a changing world especially in a country like India politics is prominently present in our daily lives and I think it is crucial that well meaning educated people like me should take active interest and maybe one day who knows even participate in the process. 

I use twitter extensively under the handle rvasisht and while my economic leanings are towards a benevolent, humanistic right of centre market driven approach I do not find myself identifying with any specific political party in a strong enough manner to be a dedicated unquestioning supporter. So you will find me praising/criticising different parties, personalities, issues based on what I feel about them. None of my utterances mean that I am a diehard supporter of any idealogy.

My only loyalty and diehard support is to India and the idea of what India should be.

My writings are more a self expression and can be on any subject including reminiscences  and experiences. I have a good sense of humour and if someone thinks anything is politically inappropriate, that is their problem. Friends & family who know me know that there is no malice in anything I say. I celebrate life, am very optimistic, rather outspoken, dont have rigid views and can easily change because life to me is mostly a shade of grey and rarely black/white.

I don't claim to be a good writer like many of my friends, but I pen down what I feel whenever I can.

Vasisht

Comments

Grassroots Bond said…
Saar,
Very well written.
Applause is in order!
Pedro.

Popular Posts