The Blasts in Bangalore and Ahmedabad


I was in Mumbai waiting to board a flight to Bangalore when I heard the news about the blasts in Bangalore. I knew that my wife and daughter were out in the city having a day out and soon I received a message from my daughter that she was scared.

The phone lines were jammed but I was so lucky that I managed to contact family and friends and infact even managed to pass messages between them.

The tragedy in Ahmedabad made sad reading and viewing. The mystery however is that why was Bangalore spared ? After so many blasts in the past in various cities, I find the reasoning that it was a dry/test run for Ahmedabad rather amateurish.

I hope that all politicians will at least now wake up and look at INDIA and not their own parties, idealogy, vote banks.

But some things never cease to amaze me and bring a smile to my face. Some are as follows.
  • One was the crowd of onlookers surrounding the policeman clad in bomb disposal suit as he tried to defuse the bomb in Bangalore. Aren't people scared of the bomb ? Read newspaper reports that a cobbler family had kept the bomb laden flower pot for 2 days and the lady had even cut the wires hanging out !!. Maybe she had already defused the bomb ???
  • I drove down to Mysore road and at one site where the blast took place, I noticed a few people peering down rather cautiously down the drainage. 2 days later what they were expecting to see down that drain is anybody's guess.
  • Earlier today they showed on TV a policeman praying and defusing a bomb fully clad in a bomb disposal suit, but he had a helper standing by with no protection of any kind.
This can only happen in India.

Smile

Comments

Popular Posts